Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


The Baron Family always goes up to our cabin in Island Park, Idaho every year the week before Thanksgiving. This is really nice for us married kids as it gives us the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with our in laws! This year was so fun!

My Mom got us tickets to go see The Forgotten Carols while we were up there. We saw them in Idaho Falls, in a theater that is attached to my Mom's high school! Kristy and I had fun teasing her that she was back in high school, thank goodness the paint changed- although the chairs were still orange- he he he! The play was everything that I remembered from when I was a child, and so much more. This was Mike's first time seeing it! I love it so much! I read the book and have played the music for him, we have even watched the DVD together, but seeing it with him was so much better! Thank you MOM!~ While we were watching the play, Kaicyn got to spend some quality time with his Grandparents (Montague) and His "GREAT" aunt Valerie! He seemed to just have a blast! He played so hard that when we came to pick him up, he was crashed-and I mean CRASHED- out on Great Grandma's Lap! SO CUTE!!

We went tree hunting with the Baron's and of course Mom got a tree that was a good 30' tall! What are we going to do with her?!?! We had our Thanksgiving and visited with the family! It was so great.

I got to stay up there for an extra week, and Mike and I held a Thanksgiving dinner for his side of the family. His brother Chuck and Mom came up. (No one else could make it, but it was fun none-the-less) Thanksgiving morning we went to get a tree for Vickie to put up in her home! We took the dogs, and ATV's with us! Her tree is absolutely gorgeous! N'kaio, Bessy, and George had a blast running around the mountains being wilderness dogs! (okay so Bessy and George already were, but N'kaio is just a city slicker!!)

Kaicyn got all dressed up for his ride on the 4 wheelers! He thought they were so fun! He kept trying to lean forward enough to get the handlebars and drive... he just kept face planting into the bike, but he kept on trying.

Once we got back to the cabin, I cooked (yes I know, don't die of shock, I, Emily, COOKED) a Thanksgiving dinner! The most amazing part of this is that I made rolls and they didn't even taste like Hockey Pucks! YAY me! I am actually getting pretty good at cooking the Thanksgiving basics. This is my 3rd year doing it now!

On our way home on Friday we stopped by Mike's dad's home and had a Thanksgiving dinner with Him and Myong! Her cooking is amazing! There is always such good food whenever we come to eat! Thank you so much for you hospitality!

Thank you to everyone who made it up to spend time with us! We love being able to spend time with each and every one of you! We are so thankful to have everyone in our lives and be able to share each other's triumphs, joys, and exciting moments.

We love you!

No comments: